The BMW X5 eDrive Plug-In Hybrid Is Out for Testing
The X5 eDrive Plug-in hybrid was recently seen under testing. With these in mind, we might expect that the car would be launched around the late 2014 or early 2015 as what it seems to be the X5 xDrive40e.
Since the BMW X5 e Drive Concept model was revealed at the Frankfurt Auto Show, we should be able to relate some features concerning the car.
Four cylinder turbocharged engine (approximately 171 horsepower)
• Paired with electric motor (provides 95 horsepower)
• Up to 70 MPH (120km/h) on electric power alone
• Maximum range of 19 miles (30km) on electric power alone
• 0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in under 7 seconds
• Average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle of 3.8 litres per 100 kilometres (74.3 mpg imp).
• Can be charged from any domestic power socket
• High-voltage battery is mounted in crash-safe position underneath the load area, whose capacity remains virtually unchanged as a result.
• Three driving modes: Intelligent Hybrid Drive; Pure Electric or Save Battery mode.
My opinion is that the X5 eDrive is a real player on the hybrid market and will eventually meet a lot of hybrid fans.