With 2013 now on its last trimester, many car makers can say it was a good year, with plenty of new models on the road and decent revenues.
With the new year approaching, most new models have been announced, and the first list of the cars worthy of the 2014 Car of the Year Award has been drawn.
BMW should be happy to see no lees than three of its models make it to the list. 27 other vehicles also made it on the list, as it seems they met the criteria. They are new models on sale now or in the near future in at least 5 European markets. They also need to have an estimated annual sales of at least 5.000 units.
So here is the list:
1. BMW 4 Series 2. BMW i3 3. BMW X5
4. Citroën C4 Picasso 5. Ford EcoSport 6. Ford Kuga
7. Hyundai i10 8. Jaguar F-Type 9. Kia Carens
10. Range Rover Sport 11. Lexus IS 12. Maserati Ghibli
13. Mazda3 14. Mercedes-Benz S-Class 15. Mitsubishi Space Star
16. Nissan Note 17. Opel Cascada 18. Peugeot 2008
19. Peugeot 308 20. Porsche Cayman 21. Renault Captur
22. Renault Zoe 23. Seat Leon 24. Skoda Octavia
25. Subaru Forester 26. Suzuki SX4 27. Tesla Model S
28. Toyota Auris 29. Toyota Corolla 30. Toyota RAV4
Whit the list scheduled to shrink down to just 7 candidates by December, we will see how many models, if any at all, will BMW still have in the run.