The news with the planning of the BMW German based carmaker of introducing the xDrive configuration on the rest of the M models, have been circulating on the web for more than a week now, and now it is time to tell you more about what the xDrive system is all about. But perhaps little words will be needed, as a video launched earlier today does the whole trick.
The xDrive system configuration is the all-wheel drive layout which sends the torque surplus at the opposite axle whenever the car senses slipping danger on the wheels. When the danger is sensed and the car starts slipping, the multi-plate clutch, which is electronically controlled, takes the vehicle back to the track.
The all-wheel drive layout uses a traction system according to which 40% of drive is sent to the front wheels,with the rest of 60% being pushed to the rear wheels, while the engine functions at its full potential.